August 27 – August 31
69th Annual Meeting of the European Federation of Animal Science
PROHEALTH organises session at EAAP
PROHEALTH will co-organise a session at the Annual Meeting of the European Federation of Animal Science (EAAP). The theme of this year’s EAAP is “Conventional and traditional livestock production systems – new challenges”. The theme covers many topics including animal welfare and sustainability. PROHEALTH chose a fitting topic: ‘Sustainable control of production diseases in pigs and poultry, with emphasis on early survival’ (Session 38, 8:30-12:00 on 29 August 2018).
The following contributions have been accepted for an oral presentation:
- Tim Giles, Tommy van Limbergen, Panagiotis Sakkas, Dominiek Maes, Ilias Kyriazakis, Paul Barrow & Neil Foster: A genetic biomarker panel for diagnosis of Coccidiosis and Necrotic Enteritis in broilers
- Ida Just Pedersen, Björn Forkman: The effect of enrichment on broiler leg health – a systematic review
- Manuel Jiménez, Joaquín Morales, Carlos Piñeiro, Gema Montalvo, Jake Cowton, Jaume Bacardit, Ilias Kyriazakis: A first predictive model for enteric disease in swine barns based on environmental sensor data
- Ilias Chantziaras, Marlijn Klinkenberg, Tommy Van Limbergen, Jeroen Dewulf, Dimitri De Meyer, Lode Vrielinck, Carlos Pineiro, Manuel Jimenez, Dominiek Maes: Assessment of natural versus mechanical farm ventilation using daily registered data in fattening pigs
- B. Clark, L.A. Panzone, G.B. Stewart, I. Kyriazakis, J.K. Niemi, T. Latvala, R. Tranter, P. Jones, L.J. Frewer: The public, animal production diseases and policy; what lessons can be learnt from consumer research?
- A.H. Stygar, I. Chantziaras, I. Toppari, D. Maes, J. Niemi: It is possible to reduce antimicrobial consumption by improving biosecurity and welfare at pig farms?
- Ida Thøfner, Louise Ladefoged Poulsen, Rikke Heidemann Olsen, Henrik Christensen, Magne Bisgaard & Jens Peter Christensen: Foot pad infections in broiler breeders – significance and prevalence
- H. Quesnel, E. Merlot, B. Peuteman, A. Prunier, F. Robert and M.C. Meunier-Salaün: Enriching the sow environment and diet during gestation reduced piglet neonatal mortality
- S.M. Matheson, G. A. Walling, R.J. Thompson, I. Kyriazakis, S.A. Edwards: Novel maternal traits affecting piglet survival
- V.A. Moustsen, D. De Meyer, L. Vrielinck, T. Van Limbergen, S.A. Edwards: Sow management interventions to improve piglet survival
- Montagne, L., Boudon, A., Meunier-Salaün M.C., Karhapää, M., Siljander-Rasi, H., Le Floc’h, N: Animal based indicators. Tools for controlling production disease in pigs
In addition, the following contributions have been accepted as poster presentations:
- Manuel Jiménez, Joaquín Morales, Carlos Piñeiro, Gema Montalvo, Jake Cowton, Jaume Bacardit, Ilias Kyriazakis: A first predictive model for respiratory disease in swine barns based on environmental sensor data
- Montagne L., Le Floc’h N., Rychlik I.: Microbiota composition and activity after weaning of two lines of pigs divergently selected on residual feed intake
PROHEALTH was also featured in the last EAAP newsletter No. 150 (page 6).
Download event flyer here